Saturday 29 September 2012

How I store my make up (Photo Heavy)

 
 
For a while now I've been meaning to sort out my make up box. I'm not normally a messy person but I am a late person! I love my sleep and hate getting up in the mornings, meaning I'm often late and rushing round like a headless chicken trying to get myself ready and not be late! So my make up box takes quite a hammering with blushers, mascaras, and powders are thrown left right and centre whilst I'm trying to find what I'm after!
 
 
Floral basket previously home to my make up!
 
 
A while ago I saw another blogger suggesting the drawer organisers from Ikea so whilst we were down in Southampton shopping we popped into Ikea and picked one up. It's a bargain at £8 and comes completely flat packed. Don't worry if I can put it together you will be able to! It folds together and fastens with Velcro so you can take it apart and put it back together quite easily if you need to.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The compartments are quite generous, there's three larger ones at the back and 4 smaller ones at the front. I thought I had quite a big make up collection but once I transferred it all it looked quite small as there's so much room in this organiser. So here it is...the unveiling of a new more organised me!
 
 
 
 
 
I've organised each area by product - top left is all my blushers (obscene amount I know!) Next is concealers, foundations and liquid highlighters. Top right are mascara's, eyeliners, and brow products.
 
 
 
 
Bottom left are again either blushers, bronzers and powder highlighters. Next are lip glosses and lipsticks, followed by a few (couldn't fit all of them in!) of my most used eye shadows. Bottom right are kind of miniatures or samples of products that I'm yet to try.
 
 
 
 
I'm so chuffed with this little organiser and love the fact that it's so neat and tidy compared to the jumbled up mess it was in before! This way I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find what I'm looking for in the mornings without causing the destruction of our bedroom! It fits perfectly in my drawer so it's tucked away neatly as it's a bit too large to be out on my dressing table. This is also great because it's that sort of material that wipes clean so it'll be pretty easy to keep tidy. The name of this is Skubb and you can check the details out here.
 
How do you keep your make up organised?
Or maybe a better question is do you keep your make up organised?!
 
xxx
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love posts like this! I really like that organiser! It looks perfect for storing all of my stash! And don't worry about your amount of blushes and eyeshadows - I think my collection is becoming pretty similar! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! These are amazing for organising stuff! I might get another one for my underwear drawer so at least i'll be able to find socks in hurry! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...