Sunday 12 August 2012

Mini Boots Haul - L'oreal, Garnier and Soap & Glory

After suffering a bout of conjunctivitis this week I had to replace my mascara and eye liner so I wouldn't keep re-infecting my eyes. So I popped into Boots to grab just a couple of bits, but came out with a few more!!


I usually use Benefit They're Real Mascara but I didn't really want to fork out nearly £20 for a new one so instead went back to my trusted Double Extension from L'oreal which is £11.99. Before I got my Benefit mascara last year I was using this one all the time and to be honest I don't know why I strayed from it as it makes my lashes sooo long and volumised plus it never clumps and is quite good value for money. I never use the white end as I find the black end by itself gives good enough results but maybe I'll try it again and see if it gives even longer lashes like it promises!


As there was a free gift if you spent over £15 on L'oreal products I bought the Super Liner from their range as well. I got this in Black Vinyl which is a jet black but has a slight shine to it. I don't like it when eye liners go matte so this one is perfect for me. It lasts well and as the brush part is soft it's easy to create a sharp line and nice flick at the sides. As you can see in the picture below (my fantastic art skills!) it gives a very defined look and allows you to make a great shape.


I have been using the BB Cream by 17 under my foundation and although I'd say it was quite nice I also found it felt quite oily on my skin - something I don't need with my skin already being oily / combination! Again I was using the Garnier BB Cream but as the one from 17 was on offer I thought I'd give it a go. Now I've changed back to the Garnier one I think I'll stick with it. I got it in the Light colour which is perfect for my pale complexion. I sometimes use it by itself or under my foundation, either way I find it really smooth and immediately my skin looks healthier and blemishes not as obvious. It's a bit pricey at £9.99 but it lasts a fair while and it's a good quality product that I'm confident won't break my skin out!


For the last couple of Christamasses my mum has been buying my sisters and I these towel turbans to wrap your hair up in after washing instead of a regular towel. The reasons I am a complete turban convert is that they stay on your head a lot more than a normal towel does. There's a little button and a fastener that ensures it stays put, even if I tip my head upside down - not that I do that a whole lot! :)
My old one was getting a little too old and grubby so I opted for the white and pink one from Soap and Glory - very girlie and not badly priced at £7.50!


Being a beauty blogger I'm always curious about new products and willing to give anything a try so when I got the "freebie" product with the L'oreal bits I was excited to see what was inside.


In the little box there was:

Two samples of L'oreal Nude Magique BB Cream in Medium

One sample of L'oreal True Match Foundation in Golden Beige - not sure if it will be my shade though??

L'oreal Super Liner Luminizer for Brown Eyes - pretty good concept bringing out a range to enhance specific eye colours. Unfortunately mine are blue but I'll still use it as a regular liquid liner as it doesn't look that much different from any of the others I've used.

Two 5ml nail varnishes in a Grey/Blue colour called You are worth it (what else??!) and a bright pinky colour called Opulent Pink. The pack also comes with nail stickers so you can create different nail art with these two colours combined. I'm not opposed to nail art but find with the stickers they leave a sticky residue on the nail which you then can't get off without nail polish remover which then ruins the design you've made! Very frustrating so I'll probably steer away from the nail art and use them as normal polishes as they're both nice colours.

L'oreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss in Magnetic Nude Glow (407). This isn't a colour I would've picked but its not bad and it was free so I can't complain! It's kind of two tone with a glittery effect so I think it'll look good for a night out but may be a bit much for the day.


So not a bad little haul from Boots and very pleased with my little freebies!
I love it when companies do these packs as you get to trial products you wouldn't have usually bought.

What are your recent beauty finds?
Has anyone tried the Soap and Glory beauty range?

xxx

10 comments:

  1. I swear by those hair turbans, they're a godsend aren't they? Loving the L'oreal lip gloss somehow, not sure how wearable it would be but it looks gorgeous in the swatch! I've nominated you for a blog award hun, have a look at http://zombiesweareyeliner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-sunshine-award.html

    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali they are amazing! I couldn't go back to a regular towel now - i'm a towel snob! heehe.
      Will check out the blog award, thanks so much! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great products!!! The Garnier bb cream looks amazing! and super affordable which is always a plus! and I need that turban in my life haha!! love this!!



    Lovefayexoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    LoveFayexoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faye you definitely need one of those towels - its a beauty must have! The garnier cream is great and last ages too! x

      Delete
  3. I love turbans too, primark have cute ones with gems, I'll have to grab the s&g one though! :)

    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get a back up one from Primark! The S&G is very cute and girly. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blg and the lovely comment. You ave a great blog yourself- I never knew soap and glory sold hair turbans!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for visiting mine :) I had no idea S & G did turbans - bit of an impulse buy but can't live without these now. xx

      Delete
  5. whoaa you got amazing freebies from loreal! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was quite impressed, especially with the eye liner! I'm in to gel nails at the moment but its always good to have some extra nail polishes too!

      Thanks for reading hun xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...