Monday 2 July 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Sugar Frosting Review


Call me a lipstick junkie but when I tried this out in Superdrug today I knew I was going to walk away with at least one of them despite not needing ANY more lip glosses, lipsticks or balms.

These are basically lipsticks but with an added balm to add hydration and shine. They come in 20 different shades including:

  • Pink Truffle
  • Sugar Frosting
  • Raspberry Pie
  • Tutti Frutti
  • Peach Parfait
  • Candy Apple
  • Cotton Candy
  • Berry Smoothie
I chose Sugar Frosting which is a lovely light pink with a very slight sparkle to it. It's a great colour to wear in the day as its pale but with a lovely sheen. It comes out a lot more sheer than it looks in the picture below but it can be layered a bit to increase the colour.


The packaging has been called "dated" due to the quilting effect on the casing. It does look a bit 80's esque but each different lip colour comes in a different colour casing which is pretty good so you can tell each colour apart when you're scrambling to get ready in the mornings!

I purchased this in Superdrug for £5.99, usually they're £7.99 so it was an absolute bargain!




The Revlon Lip Butters contain hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formual to boost lip moisture by up to 156%

I definitely think these are very hydrating and glide on even though my lips were slightly dry. Beautiful shimmery colour that makes my lips look plump and moisturised. I'd like to try some of the darker colours as I think they'd be fantastic for a night out.

The only slightly annoying thing is that as they're very moisturising the colour doesn't last all that long and I found I had to re-apply a few times.





I'm very impressed with these lip butters and would buy more. The price isn't bad at all and they smell delicious too!




I hope you enjoyed this review - has anyone tried the other colours in the range? What are they like?? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...