Tuesday 10 July 2012

Products I regret buying...

I recently saw a blog post on the lovely Leannes blog "Thunder and Threads" about blogging and the 10 Blogging commandments which has inspired this blog post. I decided I wanted to do this post about products I regret buying as quite often I blog about things I really like but not about things I'd advise others not to buy!

So here goes....

This is a very recent purchase from the Lee Stafford Hair Growth Range. I wasn't so much concerned with the length but bought this Shampoo because it's supposed to give the hair better body and with my hair being fine it could do with some extra oompf!


Luckily I got this on the Boots 3 for 2 offer as its usually £6.99 for a 200ml bottle. The smell is nice but it left my hair too silky and fly away which isn't a great look for my hair! I also found it doesn't leave my hair feeling all that clean and the product build up left my hair looking greasy all over. The only other slightly concerning thing is that whilst using this shampoo I lost a lot more hair in the shower than I usually would. Maybe this wasn't due to the shampoo and it would've happened anyway, but it's put me off using the rest of the bottle.  As much as I'd like to rave about this product I can't, and wouldn't buy again.



 
I bought Benefit PRRROWL Iridescent Mascara and Shimmering Lip Gloss a while ago, in fact I think it was a limited edition product or one they trialled for a time as I don't think they sell it anymore.

Its basically a greeny/bluey glittery mascara at one end and at the other is a bright pink shimmery lip gloss. Looking back on it I have no idea why I bought it - I'm a sucker for packaging and the girls on the Benefit counter make you think you want it, so I bought it on impulse. I used the lip gloss a couple of times and the mascara once or twice over black mascara for a night out but other than that it has sat in my make up drawer, unused and heading for the bin at some point!




 The pink lip gloss isn't bad but it contains small flecks of green coloured glitter in it which isn't really me! I wouldn't buy this again (even if they still stocked it!) and I'm now really careful when going to the Benefit counter that I don't come away with things I don't need or that are gimmicky!


Nip + Fab Dry Leg Fix was also a recent purchase. Having been impressed with the frown fix by Nip + Fab I thought I'd give this a go and moisturise my pins up for the summer. No one likes flakey legs and I do suffer with dry skin so figured they needed some heavy duty smoothing. It's supposed to immediately nourish skin leaving them super silky.




As I mentioned in my Lush post, I have suffered with eczema in the past but not in recent years. This product didn't miraculously leave my legs moisturised or smoothed. I found it itched my skin nearly every time I put it on. I paid £10.25 for a 100ml tube and feel it wasn't the best investment and wouldn't re-purchase again!

That's it for my products I regret buying...I'm sure there will be more at some point the future but hopefully all the other products I've got are ones I'll continue to use.


Which products do you regret buying and why?? xxx


To see Leanne's blogging commandments, click this link:
http://thunderandthreads.blogspot.ie/2012/07/10-blogging-commandments.html

3 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I will know to steer clear of these now! Thanks Claire

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I have eczema and was going to try out the Nip & Fab don't think I will be now though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the best for our sensitive skin unfortunately - I should've known better but sometimes you need to try these things. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...